Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nickerson Beach

David E. Karikas

Here are a couple extra shots from Nickerson Beach.  Terns, Oystercatchers and plovers are nesting.  If you go take a lens of at least 300mm.  Longer is better.  I forgot my 500mm being half asleep and I wish I had it with me. I used a 70-300mm for these pictures. Pictures are cropped.  I think the Oystercatchers are still nesting because I had seen some of the birds on the eggs. When you get close to them they dive bomb you. I had maybe 2-2½ hrs of good light to shoot.  I was at the beach 5am.  The walk from the parking lot to the nesting area is close to half mile.  I'll try again in a few days and may even try sundown.

David




"God gave me photography so that
I could pray with my eyes"
Dewitt Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment